Wednesday 30 April 2008

Polishing (shock! horror!)

The race car is now running. MOT booked for first thing tomorrow. I've checked everything I can think of and I can't see any reason it wouldn't pass except possibly emissions as it's set up for the track and runs a bit rich at idle. That can be easily sorted if it turns out to be a problem.

I even found the time to give the car a wash and polish. Yeah, I know, polishing is a dirty word in some circles but it's kind of an annual event with this car and it at least allowed me to remove all the marks from last season. Soft sticky race tyres tend to fire bits of rubber at the bodywork all the time and the car ends up covered in small black marks.

Anyway, if the MOT is OK, it's down to some road testing and putting in some running-in miles.

No comments: